Brasso is a metal polish designed to remove tarnish from brass, copper, chrome and stainless steel. It is available either directly as a liquid or as an impregnated wadding pad.
Key Features & Benefits
- Brasso can also be used to polish out scratches in plastics:
- It is used to polish CDs, DVDs, screens, and pools to repair scratches. It is a mild solvent and an extremely fine abrasive, so when applied to the reflective surface of the disc and rubbed radially (in straight lines between the edge and centre), it can smooth scratches and reduce their effect.
- Brasso can also be used on Lego minifigures to remove markings.
- Brasso has also been used by watch enthusiasts to polish scratches out of acrylic crystals on watches.
- Brasso can be successfully used to take minor (white) heat marks out of French polished wooden surfaces. The fine abrasive cuts through the surface and allows the solvent into the wax and lacquer layer. The surface should be properly cleaned and waxed after this treatment.
- Brasso has been successfully used to restore Bakelite (Telephones, appliances etc.)
- Use for brass, copper, stainless steel, chrome, aluminum, pewter and bronze